Two facets of life have grounded me for as long as I can remember:
Family and Adventure.
That’s what my story is all about. After stepping away from corporate life, I cycled into the heart of America – twice. First, I rode from California to Florida on the Southern Tier, then followed it with a race from Oregon to Virginia.
The time away helped sharpen my thinking and changed my outlook on what’s truly important in life.
I found it difficult to share my experience in quick conversations with family and friends, so I wrote about my adventures pedaling through 528 towns, covering 7,300-miles, and crossing through 18 states. That reasoning was only part of why I wrote the books, but I’ll leave it at that for now.
I never thought of myself as a writer, but on August 31, 2019 when I began writing the words just poured out of me. Our family log cabin on Torch Lake, Michigan, is where I continually find inspiration to pursue my new endeavor, sharing stories about the incredible people and places I experienced in our amazing country.
The uplifting stories and experiences from my travels encompasses two books – Suit to Saddle (available now) and Forty to Finish (coming soon).
I’m excited to launch my new website dedicated to bring you closer to my cross-country cycling adventures. My newsletter will delve deeper into one of the 528 towns. I’ll share interesting fun facts, short ride reels, photos and more.
There are a few things I could use your help with:
- Share the link to my book trailer https://youtu.be/6gdZE5316UU and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CjMHWGK with your friends on social media!
- I’ll be posting short videos about my travels, footage from the road. Visit my resource page to see the ride reels and helpful cycling links to various resources I found useful when I began long-distance cycling three years ago.
- Sign up for my newsletter to read about America Up Close.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Goodreads and Bookbub.
- Order my debut memoir, Suit to Saddle.
If you’ve followed me this far, I’m thankful for you and your support!